Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Working from Home, day one, take two

So, I finally got to have my first official work at home day. Though a bit of a wrench was thrown in due to the weather and the fact that the school that my bub works at couldn't make up their mind if they wanted to be open or not. He got all the way into Boston only to find out they'd decided to close, so back home he came, five hours commuting does not a happy bub make.

I however, woke up a bit past eight o'clock today and dilligently hopped on the computer. I've tried to make myself a bit of a schedule so that I can feel productive and make sure that I do work. Originally my schedule was Monday fax, Wednesday e-mail, and Friday call with Tuesday and Thursday being research days. However, in doing some research I came across an article that claimed that Thursday was the best day to call potential customers. So, I'm still tweaking my work schedule. I'm thinking maybe Tuesday fax, Wednesday e-mail, Thursday call. Thoughts? My boss has stressed the need to keep our name in the front of their brain so I'm gonna try and do that as much as possible.

Today being Wednesday I e-mailed. I came up with a bit of a form e-mail just introducing myself and what I sell and including a one page brochure kind of thing. I set my phone up so that I can receive my work e-mails on it so if anything comes through that I can get it right away. The first few dings of my phone got me excited. It turns out I had a few bad e-mails. However, I did get one bite, kind of. He said he wasn't interested in porcelain sinks unless we had one certain size, which we don't, however he was interested in 16 gauge stainless, which we do. So, I sent him off a price sheet for all our stainless sinks and hopefully when I speak with him tomorrow I'll have my first sale!

A bit scared for tomorrow, I'm not usually good on the phone and cold calling especially is worrying me. I know I just need to keep reminding myself that all I'm trying to do is save their company money and if I can do that awesome, if not, well, maybe I can down the road. I think before I make any calls I'll write out some key points and kind of go over everything in my head a ton so that way I don't freak when someone answers the phone. I'm sure I'll do great, but I could still use some luck, some go ahead wish away!

No comments:

Post a Comment